Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (262)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Devil and the Bluebird
Author: Jennifer Mason-Black
Release Date: May 17, 2016
Publisher: Amulet Books (Abrams imprint)

From Goodreads:

"Devil-at-the-crossroads" folklore finds its way to YA via this moody, magical tale

Blue Riley has wrestled with her own demons ever since the loss of her mother to cancer. But when she encounters a beautiful devil at her town crossroads, it's her runaway sister's soul she fights to save. The devil steals Blue's voice—inherited from her musically gifted mother—in exchange for a single shot at finding Cass.

Armed with her mother's guitar, a knapsack of cherished mementos, and a pair of magical boots, Blue journeys west in search of her sister. When the devil changes the terms of their deal, Blue must reevaluate her understanding of good and evil and open herself to finding family in unexpected places.

In Devil and the Bluebird, Jennifer Mason-Black delivers a heart-wrenching depiction of loss and hope.

I'm very intrigued by the 'devil at the crossroads' story in this book, how Blue will lose her voice in her deal with the devil. I want to know what happens after, what journey Blue ends up on. And I like the cover, the two figures on the guitar, the little things that will probably pop up as Blue searches for her sister. Anyone else looking forward to this? :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh this is unexpected! I love this blurb, and the cover -- it's gorgeous!! Here's mine:http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/01/20/wow-river-road-by-carol-goodman/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know why the devil changes the deal and what's up with this whole 'family in unexpected places' deal! Gosh, I love this pick and I'd not heard of it before. Off to goodreads stalk it now...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great pick! I hadn't heard of this before but I love the synopsis and the cover is stunning! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting pick! I haven't heard of this one before.
    Here is mine: https://bookdustmagic.wordpress.com/2016/01/20/waiting-on-wendesday-2-summer-nights-at-the-moonlight-hotel-by-jane-costello/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this one sounds good. They had this ARC at ALA but I somehow missed the signing ...boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeees! I already have this on my TBR list and can't wait to get my hands on it! The cover looks GORGEOUS but I'm also intrigued by the blurb. SO EXCITED! ♥

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cover. I just requested an ARC of this and am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for sharing it and I hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete