Saturday, January 2, 2016

Me on This Week's Book Week (187)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Happy new year, all! I do wonder how different this year will be, compared to 2015. In some ways it was good, but in other ways it wasn't. I hope it'll feel better overall.

Last week on my birthday I meant to read A Gathering of Shadows to mirror how I read A Darker Shade of Magic on my birthday the year before, but I didn't. Instead I played a game called Transistor, which I loved. I happened to be watching a year in games review video, watched the one from 2014, and found Transistor on sale on Steam (before Christmas). It was nice to just play a game because there aren't a lot of games I play beyond sometimes Minecraft and games on my phone like Two Dots or Neko Atsume.

Hopefully you all had a fun end of the year celebration, or at least you spent it how you wanted to. :)

Reviews going up this coming week will feature This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp (Tuesday) and The Night Parade by Kathryn Tanquary (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky (ARC from Scholastic Canada)
The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork (ARC from Scholastic Canada)

2 comments:

  1. Happy late birthday!! I hope this year is better than your last and that you enjoy the new ARCs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Kill the Boy Band! It sounds extremely funny.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete