Saturday, September 26, 2015

Me on This Week's Book Week (173)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

The lawn mowing returned. *sobbing into a pillow* But considering how it's now fall (HOW?!?) and the rain is coming, there won't be a lot of mowing done. Every so often between now and November.

During the week I was thinking about all the books I've meant to read over the years that I haven't gotten around to reading yet. Books like Sarah Rees Brennan's Lynburn series (although I have read book 1), Claudia Gray's new time travel series, books 2 and 3 of Jessica Spotswood's Cahill witch sisters series, the 3rd Mara Dyer book, the 3rd The Darkest Minds book, Of Metal and Wishes. It's strange, remembering wanting to read these books so much and then not, either because of excitement over other books taking over or reviews I've read or other reasons. There don't seem to be a lot of book that I'm interested in coming out up until the end of the year. Maybe I'll just post reviews of books that are already out. Why not? They'll still interested readers, no matter how long they've been out. I think I need to do that more, review more books that have been out for more than 6 months.

Reviews going up this coming week will feature A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis (Tuesday) and Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Lumberjanes Volume 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson, Shannon Watters, Grace Ellis, & Brooke A. Allen (borrowed from the library)
Ink and Ashes by Valynne E. Maetani (borrowed from the library)

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate when it comes to finishing up series. There are a few I've been meaning to continue, but other books get in the way.

    ReplyDelete