Saturday, August 13, 2016

Me on This Week's Book Week (219)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Hi all! It got rather warm and sunny here this week, which was nice, but it made my drives home in the afternoons rather hot and stuffy.

My week of volunteering is over for another year. The group of teens this year was great, super enthusiastic and eager to write and create. It'll be interesting to see who returns next year.

I've been watching a lot of Olympics coverage in the evenings after I get home. It's all streamed online, which is great, but I wish the commentators were better, or at least the ones that also appear on TV. Sometimes they're different and I end up tuning everything out. But I still watch it. I think Canada's doing pretty good after the first week. Some of the swimmers, especially the teen girls, are amazing.

Reviews going up this coming week will feature The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey (Tuesday) and Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy #2 (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
A Little Taste of Poison by R.J. Anderson (ARC from Simon & Schuster Canada)
Boy Robot by Simon Curtis (ARC from Simon & Schuster Canada)
The Cursed Queen by Sarah Fine (ARC from Simon & Schuster Canada)

No comments:

Post a Comment