Saturday, November 8, 2014

Me on This Week's Book Week (128)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Another sort of slow week! I blame NaNoWriMo.

I'm having a weird time trying to include time to write while trying to read review books. Last year I sort of had a buffer so I wasn't so worried about it. This year, not to much. I didn't have an idea until a few days beforehand. It's not that I don't want to write this story and get it out of my head into a file where it can sit and fester until I think up edits and fixes, it's that I need to squeeze some writing time in there. I'm also slightly worried about all the screen-reading I'm putting my eyes through. *sigh* Well, I'll be taking Sunday off writing like I have the past couple of years. I might half-quit and work on just one scene a day instead of 1667 words.

All of the Christmas things have exploded a bit early this year. Well, it just explodes earlier and earlier as the years go by, doesn't it?

Reviews going up this coming week will feature Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger (Monday) and The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry (Friday).
Bought/borrowed/received:
Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier (borrowed from the library)
All Our Pretty Songs by Sarah McCarry (borrowed from the library)
Prairie Fire by E.K. Johnston (from the author via NetGalley)

No comments:

Post a Comment