Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (110)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: How to Lead A Life of Crime
Author: Kirsten Miller
Release Date: February 21, 2013
Publisher: Razorbill (Penguin imprint)

From Goodreads:

A meth dealer. A prostitute. A serial killer.

Anywhere else, they’d be vermin. At the Mandel Academy, they’re called prodigies. The most exclusive school in New York City has been training young criminals for over a century. Only the most ruthless students are allowed to graduate. The rest disappear.

Flick, a teenage pickpocket, has risen to the top of his class. But then Mandel recruits a fierce new competitor who also happens to be Flick’s old flame. They’ve been told only one of them will make it out of the Mandel Academy. Will they find a way to save each other—or will the school destroy them both?


In the search for flawed characters that have to fight for your affection, what's more perfect than a school filled with criminal prodigies?

8 comments:

  1. Love, love this one! Can't wait for some more steampunk!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about this one. On one hand a school for criminals sounds great but the cover and bblurb don't really sell it for me....

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should warn you that my comment is nothing related to this post, lol. Wow, you already have a copy of Etiquette & Espionage? I've been dying to get my hands on a copy for so long now! Jealous! How do you like it so far?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed an ARC from a friend. The first page made me snicker a couple of times. :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for this one either!! It sounds like it will be an exciting read! Not too much longer of a wait either!

    Ps: There is a goodreads giveaway for this book!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't see it, it must be a US only giveaway (I live in Canada).

      Delete

  5. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this one. I haven't read any of the author's previous books but this one just sounds fabulous. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete