Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (196)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Fairest
Author: Marissa Meyer
Release Date: January 27, 2015
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

From Goodreads:

In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.

It's less that I'm looking forward to reading this and more that it intrigues me. It definitely looks like an attempt to humanize Levana, a way of giving her actions meaning. Every villain is the hero of their own story, it's the only way to write them as believable characters. And so, in terms of Levana's story, her rise as Queen and plots and plans to take over, from her point of view those are all heroic and justified, not evil as we see from Cinder's eyes. I'm curious to see how Marissa Meyer will pull it off, if there will be readers that end up tugged over to Levana's side before Winter comes out next fall/winter.

4 comments:

  1. I've only read the first book in this series. I'm having a hard time getting interested in continuing the series... but I hope you enjoy reading this one.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, haven't heard of this one before!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. *u* Such awesome cover that makes me want to read the book asap. *add on my tbr* Happy reading!

    My wow: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/10/waiting-on-...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I'm definitely waiting for this. Love. Love. Love. Great pick! ♥

    Here's mine:
    Waiting on Wednesday: A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird #1)


    ReplyDelete