Saturday, October 4, 2014

Me on This Week's Book Week (123)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Hi! It's definitely feeling more and more like fall these days.

Ever read a review book and wonder how in the world you're going to phrase a coherent review of it? I have that problem now. It's already happened to me twice this year, with Isla and The Island of Excess Love. Usually I talk about character, about world-building, about something I found interesting (or didn't, in the case of negative reviews), but with this book... hmmm. Be prepared for a non-standard review soon.

Reviews going up this coming week will feature In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang (Monday), The Spiritglass Charade by Colleen Gleason (Wednesday), and Glory O'Brien's History of the Future (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
The Walled City by Ryan Graudin (ARC from Hachette Book Group Canada)
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (ARC from Hachette Book Group Canada)
Through the Woods by Emily Carroll (Bought)
The Girl with All the Gifts by M.C. Carey (Borrowed from Nafiza)
Gotham Academy #1 by Becky Cloonan, Brenden Fletcher, & Karl Kerschl (Bought) (I know, I don't talk about comics here, but this is going to be good. Gotham City, teenagers, creepy private school, weird goings-on. The only problem is I'm desperate to know what happens next.)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent haul. I really am looking forward to The Walled City and The Darkest Part of the Forest. Great haul of books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard amazing things about Through the Woods from the staff at my comic shop. And The Walled City sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete