Saturday, August 23, 2014

Me on This Week's Book Week (117)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Hi! After all the sun and the rain and the weird humid stuff, the weather was very average this week.

I saw someone tweet about how they had a lot of September ARCs and e-galleys to get through, that there were a lot of September releases. Does anyone else have that? With me it seems to be October, especially October 14th releases. I think it's up to 5 or 6 now. Which means there'll be 2 3 review weeks in October. I should really get reading.

I imagine lots of people will be seeing the If I Stay movie this weekend. I haven't read the books, you guys know me and my occasional relationship with contemporary. It sounds like it's a pretty good adaptation, which is good. I'm all for good book-to-movie adaptations.

Reviews going up next week will feature Girl Defective by Simmone Howell (Tuesday) and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (bought)
The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma (e-galley from Algonquin Young Readers) (It's my first 2015 ARC/e-galley! I feel like a time traveler.)
Battling Boy by Paul Pope (borrowed from library)
The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook (borrowed from library)
Year of Mistaken Discoveries by Eileen Cook (borrowed from library)

1 comment:

  1. I have a bit September ones but like you I think I have more October. Though I don't have many arcs anyway lol The Almost Truth looks good. I'm going to have to add. Nice haul this week!

    Our STS @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete