Saturday, April 9, 2016

Me on This Week's Book Week (201)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

It's the weekend! It's looking like an outside weekend, what with the near-constant sun and warmth and things to be tidied up outside, which is fine. I do wonder which person will be left to serve as puppy wrangler and whether or not it'll be someone with some patience. ;)

Once again I'm getting the feeling that I'm missing a bunch of summer releases on my list of books to check out. I'm wondering if it's because the ones I don't have listed are contemporary YA. So, since it seems like most bloggers and reviews read more contemporary-set YA than I do, which books would you recommend I check out? Happy or sad, about romance or friendship or dead/dying parents. Which recent contemporary YA releases would you suggest?

Reviews going up this week will feature The Rose Society by Marie Lu (Tuesday) and Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
A Tyranny of Petticoats anthology edited by Jessica Spotswood (borrowed from the library)
On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis (borrowed from the library)

4 comments:

  1. I have heard some great things about A Tyranny of Petticoats. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, I have a rainy weekend. Good book picks. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard good things about On the Edge of Gone. Enjoy!

    Sarah @ Anxious Canadian Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Possibility of Now, by Kim Culbertson was a wonderful book, as was Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend. I mostly read YA fantasy, but those two books were really great. have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete