Saturday, March 19, 2016

Me on This Week's Book Week (198)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

It's started. *sobbing* It's the start of lawn-mowing season. *falls into a pit of despair* Well, actually, it wasn't so bad. It's been sunny the past few days so it wasn't sopping wet. But this means it's the start of maybe 6 or 7 months of me complaining about mowing the grass. Like every year. ;)

I've vaguely hit one of those points where I feel like I'm missing a bunch of book releases. Like it feels like I'm missing a bunch of summer titles. This always happens, and after a few weeks it seems to balance out. But still. Doesn't stop me from worrying. It's because my review schedule still has gaps in it. But I'll probably be filling it in with library books and releases where there hasn't really been an ARC. Books like Riders and Map of Fates, books like The Winner's Kiss (although some days on Twitter it feels like it's been out for weeks) and The Raven King. I think I'll review The Raven King when my pre-ordered copy arrives, but I don't know what I'd say beyond a vague description of magic and trees and whispers and the magic in the everyday and the inescapable thing that is death.

Reviews going up this coming week will feature The Inn Between by Marina Cohen (Tuesday) and Gotham Academy Volume 2 (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova (e-galley from Sourcebooks through NetGalley)
Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen (e-galley from Angry Robot through NetGalley)

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, Labyrinth Lost! I actually just saw that book for the first time on a friend's WoW post this past week - it sounds great! And perhaps you'll like Warrior Witch more than I did. ;D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete