Saturday, August 8, 2015

Me on This Week's Book Week (166)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

It rained this week, which was just the best. So cool and breezy outside. Of course, with rain comes wet puppy smell. And wow, does she ever smell when she's soaking wet.

I won't be around next week because I'll be volunteering in Vancouver at the public library, like every August. Hopefully I won't miss too much while I'm away from my computer during the day. ;)

The election campaigning has kicked off here. It probably won't be mentioned on the news in the US much, or any other country, but it'll fill the airwaves here. Has it been mentioned anywhere outside of Canada that there's an election going on?

No reviews next week because, as mentioned above, I won't be around to keep track of posts or tweets. Check back next Saturday for which reviews will be going up the week of the 17th. :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis (ARC from HarperCollins Canada)
A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston (ARC from Hachette Book Group Canada)
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (ARC from Hachette Book Group Canada)
Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis (e-galley from Disney Book Group through NetGalley)

6 comments:

  1. So many ARCS *drool* :O A Thousand Nights looks absolutely stunning, I'm jealous :(

    Enjoy them!!

    Ella
    Naga Sanctuary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stack of books. A Thousand Nights has gotten some interesting reviews.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! A Madness So Discreet is one that I definitely want to check out.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! So jealous of the actual ARCs! I want them all! Lucky!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston seems awesome! I can't wait to read it. Hope you enjoy :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous you got an ARC of WOLF BY WOLF! I loved Graudin's first book and can't wait to read the new one. Sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete