Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (114)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Inheritance
Author: Malinda Lo
Release Date: September 18, 2013
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

From Goodreads:

*Spoilers for Adaptation*

The triangular spaceship hovered motionless in the sky above Reese Holloway’s house, as inscrutable as a black hole. It had seemed like a good idea when they were inside: to tell the truth about what happened to them at Area 51. It didn’t seem like such a good idea now.

Reese and David are not normal teens—not since they were adapted with alien DNA by the Imria, an extraterrestrial race that has been secretly visiting Earth for decades. Now everyone is trying to get to them: the government, the Imria, and a mysterious corporation that would do anything for the upper hand against the aliens.

Beyond the web of conspiracies, Reese can’t reconcile her love for David with her feelings for her ex-girlfriend Amber, an Imrian. But her choice between two worlds will play a critical role in determining the future of humanity, the Imria’s place in it, and the inheritance she and David will bring to the universe.

In this gripping sequel to Adaptation, Malinda Lo brings a thoughtful exploration of adolescence, sexuality, and “the other” to a science fiction thriller that is impossible to put down.


I'm so excited for this book. I loved Adaptation, it was a great mix of sci-fi and teen angst and teens exploring sexuality and mystery and thriller. I want people to read the first book, and I want to read this in the fall. And the covers are gorgeous, the previous one with the dark green and this one with the blue. :)

10 comments:

  1. After seeing the cover of this book all I can say is that it's consistent with the design of the first book. I've read reviews of the first book and I'm bumping it on my to read list! as for this one it's going on my to be read pile! awesome pick!

    Waiting on Wednesday

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read the synopsis cause there are spoilers for Adaptation and I haven't read that yet.. BUT the cover is gorgeous!
    New follower <3
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixens WoW
    A Vixens Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read huntress by malinda lo a while but and i loved it. hoping i can pick up her new series soon. great pick :)

    our WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg awesome choice! I haven't actually read Adaptation but I'm DYING to! And I saw the cover for this book for the first time a couple days ago, and I adore it!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read Adaptation. I really need to read it soon. Great pick! This sounds really good.
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Adaptation yet, so I popped over to Goodreads to read it (and avoid Inheritances' spoilers) - holy crap! The birds have gone crazy AND there's a government experiment? Why wasn't this on my radar??

    My WoW this week is Fragments by Dan Wells!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this author before, but the series sounds awesome. I'll have to read the first one soon. Thanks for sharing this!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds really great. I'll have to check it out. :)

    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete