Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (171)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Starbird Murphy and the World Outside
Author: Karen Finneyfrock
Release Date: June 12, 2014
Publisher: Viking Juvenile (Penguin imprint)

From Goodreads:

In her sixteen years of life, Starbird has never touched a dollar bill. She’s never been in a car. She’s never used a cell phone.   That’s because Starbird has always lived on the Free Family Farm, a commune in the woods of Washington State.   But all that is about to change. When Starbird gets her "Calling" to be a waitress at the Free Family’s restaurant in Seattle, she decides to leave behind the only home she’s ever known.    

Nothing could have prepared Starbird for the World Outside, or for what it would teach her about the Family—and herself.   

From the author of The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door comes this hilarious and poignant story about finding your true calling in life.

I liked the author's last YA book, I thought Celia was an interesting character. It takes a lot for contemporary to interest me, but once I find an author I like I'll usually read what they write next. :)

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard about this one before, but it sounds really interesting. I think I need to add it my TBR list! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this title! I didn't read Celia Door but I heard good things. I would be willing to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete