Saturday, March 15, 2014

Me on This Week's Book Week (95)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

It's getting closer to spring. Which is good news for those people who had an actual winter this winter but is more same old same old out my way. Well, same old but with more sun. It might not have snowed much, but it was still dreary.

I fully believe in the reward system, which is why I read 3 books (Elusion, The Haven, and Stolen Songbird) and wrote 4 reviews this week so I could read Corinne Duyvis' Otherbound this weekend. :) This book sounds awesome.

I've been watching the Paralympics. The coverage has been pretty goo, but I've been doing all my watching online. The TV recaps are either not on at a good time for me or I forget all about them. If they showed some of the races or games live I would've watched it, but since they're not I'm sticking with the Paralympics YouTube channel. Also, I've been seeing some teenagers compete and win medals, so there are some YA book ideas if anyone's been looking for one. ;)

Reviews for this week will feature The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams (Tuesday) and Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Wayfarer by Lili St. Crow (bought)
The Story of Owen by E.K. Johnston (bought)
Tin Star by Cecil Castellucci (from Raincoast Books)
In Real Life by Cory Doctorow & Jen Wang (from FirstSecond through NetGalley)
The Wrenchies by Farel Dalrymple (from FirstSecond through NetGalley)
The Isobel Journal by Isobel Harrop (from Capstone Books through NetGalley)

4 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Story of Owen - dragons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, does the Story of Own have a knife stuck in his back??! I'm curious about it now... Nice haul! My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got In real life this week! Let us hope it is a good one. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete