Saturday, March 8, 2014

Me on This Week's Book Week (94)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

It's still March! Looking outside, you'd never know that about 2 weeks ago we were buried under a foot or so of snow. And the Paralympics have started. Who else is excited? I know they're not as publicized as the Olympics, but they're still exciting. If you're interested in watching, I'd suggest checking out the IPC website or their YouTube channel.

I did a guest post this week. Yay for branching out! The wonderful Crystal at Raincoast Books asked if I'd be interested in interviewing Cecil Castellucci, author of the recent outer space coming of age adventure Tin Star. And so I said yes while quietly freaking out. Here is the Q&A. Cecil's answers sure make it look like I asked some intelligent questions. ;)

Speaking of Q&A's... when thinking up questions for Cecil, and when thinking up a blog topic for Robert Paul Weston for Blues for Zoey, it was more that I had an observation or a feeling about something and wanted to know why. Why write this kind of book, why write this character, why make them question their humanity? How curious is it that books make me ask why. Well, the news also makes me ask why, but the answer is quite often fear or ignorance.

Reviews for this week will feature Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule and another but I'm not sure which one yet. Surprise!
Bought/borrowed/received:
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (from Raincoast Books)
Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis (from Canadian Manda Group (the distributor for Abrams in Canada, for those curious))
Mara by Veronica Bane (e-galley from the author)
Miyuki by Veronica Bane (e-galley from the author)
The Wizard's Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke (from Strange Chemistry through NetGalley)
Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley (borrowed from the library)
How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller (borrowed from the library)
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (borrowed from the library)
Tokyo Heist by Diana Renn (borrowed from the library)

1 comment:

  1. Nice haul. I can't wait to read The Winner's Curse, I really need to hurry up and order that one for myself. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete