Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (156)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Guy in Real Life
Author: Steve Brezenoff
Release Date: May 27, 2014
Publisher: Balzer + Bray (HarperCollins imprint)

From Goodreads:

Lesh and Svetlana, two teens from St. Paul, Minnesota, are adrift in a sea of social coterie, desperate for something to change. When they crash into one another in a drunken bicycle accident at two am, they don’t yet know how close they are to finding it. For now, Svetlana is simply looking for a fifth member to legitimize the Central High School Gaming Club, and Lesh is looking to escape his being grounded for said drunkenness by entering, reluctantly, the world of online role playing games.

Lesh’s gaming life takes an interesting turn as, unable to figure out how to speak to Svetlana, he “becomes” her in-game. When real life and in-game life inevitably become entwined, Lesh and Svetlana both start to realize that the lines they draw to keep their lives in order are not so easy to maintain. Especially when you no longer understand why you drew them in the first place.

I love the idea of this book, how we hide from real life in online chat rooms and games, how real life and online life never intersect, and if they do (and they were never supposed to) it sends you into a blind panic. I'm really looking forward to this book. :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the idea of this book too! I'm not a gamer but I feel like I can connect to these two. Thanks for sharing!

    Chel
    http://to-procrastinate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this book, definitely be adding this to my TBR list! Great pick =D My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one until yesterday, great pick! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking the sound of this book, more and more! :) Great pick!!

    -Jess


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really good, I love the concept and cover! :)

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete