Saturday, December 14, 2013

Me on This Week's Book Week (82)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

It's still cold. Sort of. ;) And I'm still dealing with my stolen credit card number fallout, which sucks.

So it snowed earlier in the week, but then the rain came and it all disappeared. Like usual. I'm a bit indifferent to the snow. It looks pretty, and it makes the house warm because the heat is turned up, but shoveling it and driving in it can be a huge pain.

Seeing some friends tomorrow for a Christmas get-together/gift exchange. Not sure what else we'll be doing, since it's supposed to rain off and on over the next week. I would be totally happy with seeing them, having dinner, exchanging gifts, and maybe watching a movie or two. It doesn't have to be anything fancy like walking around a park to look at Christmas lights, or wandering through a Christmas market. Since when was hanging out and catching up and watching movies not interesting?

Reviews for the coming week will feature The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett (Tuesday) and Control by Lydia Kang (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Foretold edited by Carrie Ryan (anthology; e-book borrowed from the library)
My Date from Hell by Tellulah Darling (from the author)

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I can't wait to hear what you think of Foretold - I've been considering getting that one for awhile, but I'm kind of on the fence. :]

    -Jess

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books for you this week! I hope you enjoy them!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/in-my-mailbox-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of these but don't know too much about them. The second sounds like a really fun read!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foretold looks good, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got one of Mindee's book entitled Avalon. I still have to read it though and see if her book would work for me.

    Have fun reading.

    Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! I'm halfway through My Ex From Hell now. :)
    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh so sorry to here your credit card was stolen! Hope the books are good to help ease the pain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard My Date From Hell was awesome! Hope you enjoy all of these :)

    Check out my STS this week!

    ReplyDelete