Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (186)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Blackbird
Author: Anna Carey
Release Date: September 16, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen

From Goodreads:

This twisty, breathless cat-and-mouse thrill ride, told in the second person, follows a girl with amnesia in present-day Los Angeles who is being pursued by mysterious and terrifying assailants.

A girl wakes up on the train tracks, a subway car barreling down on her. With only minutes to react, she hunches down and the train speeds over her. She doesn’t remember her name, where she is, or how she got there. She has a tattoo on the inside of her right wrist of a blackbird inside a box, letters and numbers printed just below: FNV02198. There is only one thing she knows for sure: people are trying to kill her. 

On the run for her life, she tries to untangle who she is and what happened to the girl she used to be. Nothing and no one are what they appear to be. But the truth is more disturbing than she ever imagined. 

The Maze Runner series meets Code Name Verity, Blackbird is relentless and action-packed, filled with surprising twists.

This sounds twisty and twisted. And it's told in second person, so that's different. I hope it's not wrong that I hope it's all dangerous and brutal. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Love the sounds of this one and I like that Carey took a brave risk on using the unusual perspective! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked her Eve trilogy, so I definitely want to read this one as well. Great pick! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely intrigued by the second person part even though I wasn't a huge fan of Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! both suspenseful and intriguing. Great pick!

    Here’s My WoW
    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds fantastic! I'm putting it right onto my TBR!! Thanks!
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete