Saturday, July 19, 2014

Me on This Week's Book Week (112)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

It's cooling off after 2 weeks of blazing hot. Finally. *reforms from puddle* Well, blazing hot for here. And because it's been so hot I can't think of much to talk about.

We went to Bard on the Beach last weekend, which is our version of Shakespeare in the summer at a nice outdoor venue. It's in a part right by the water and they keep the back of the stage open so you can see the water and the mountains as the play goes on. This year we saw A Midsummer Night's Dream and it was so good. They messed with the setting and costumes a little, so it was all Victorian steampunk + glitzy glam rock + a bit of Katy Perry. It was lots of fun. :)

And it looks like I won't be going away in August, but I'll still be taking a week off because I won't really be around.

Reviews for the coming week will feature Extraction by Stephanie Diaz (Tuesday) and Plus One by Elizabeth Fama (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Girl Defective by Simmone Howell (from Simon & Schuster Canada)
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (from Simon & Schuster Canada) (SO BIG.)
Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe (from Penguin Canada)
Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King (e-galley from Hachette Book Group Canada)
Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis (e-galley from Hachette Book Group Canada)

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul, and do I see Afterworlds there? You luck you ;)

    My new pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay more Megan Crewe! I love her books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently hoping to trade for Afterworlds right now. I love Megan Crewe, still need to read the 3rd book in her other series.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Afterworlds at Book Con and thought the same thing! It is so huge.

    Our STS!

    ReplyDelete