Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (99)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: This is What Happy Looks Like
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: April 2, 2013
Publisher: Poppy (Hachette imprint)

From Goodreads:

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

In This is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith's new YA novel, perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet—albeit virtually—when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an email about his pet pig, Wilbur. In the tradition of romantic movies like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle," the two 17-year-olds strike up an email relationship, even though they live on opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names.

Through a series of funny and poignant messages, Graham and Ellie make a true connection, sharing intimate details about their lives, hopes and fears. But they don't tell each other everything; Graham doesn't know the major secret hidden in Ellie's family tree, and Ellie is innocently unaware that Graham is actually a world-famous teen actor living in Los Angeles.

When the location for the shoot of Graham's new film falls through, he sees an opportunity to take their relationship from online to in-person, managing to get the production relocated to picturesque Henley, Maine, where Ellie lives. But can a star as famous as Graham have a real relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie's mom want her to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

Just as they did in The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, the hands of fate intervene in wondrous ways in this YA novel that delivers on high concept romance in lush and thoughtful prose.


I hope this will be as sweet and fun as The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight was. :) It's an interesting idea, e-mailing the wrong person and continuing to talk with them.

8 comments:

  1. This one looks so cute, and I love the font similarities to The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. I loved that one, and I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so cute. I can't wait to read it. I loved her first novel, so I have high hopes for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it is going to be a fun read. Great pick...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED her last book, whose title is entirely too long to type. LOL I hope to love this one just as much! Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this book before so thank you for selecting it! I'm not sure that I will read this since it isn't in my usual array of genres but thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a good read. ill have to check it out.
    feel free to stop by my WoW...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wow-pick-of-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick! I'm definitely excited for this book, especially since I loved Statistical Probability!!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete