Saturday, October 20, 2012

Me on This Week's Book Week (22)

This Week's Book Week is like Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only filled with my rambling babble about how my week went. ;)

There wasn't a post last week because I didn't get any books. Sad face. But there's a post this week so we can all rejoice. ;) Well, I can. I don't know about you guys.

I got another bookcase last weekend, which was awesome because it gets a bunch of books off the floor and onto a shelf. It's not that my other bookcase was full but that I have neuroses and set ways of shelving books. The old one has only YA now and the new one has graphic novels and manga, my to read pile, and some series that have a lot of books, like there's a Richelle Mead shelf and a Holly Black/Cassie Clare shelf (I only have 2 Holly books but she goes with Cassie because they're friends and I saw them together).

So, I was looking at my review schedule for the rest of 2012 and, from mid-November to the end of December, wow, that's a lot of empty. It's not like I don't have books to read, because I do, 6 of them came just this week, but you guys know my rule on not posting reviews of ARC's until a week before the release date and that limits what I can post reviews of. It's also because the publisher asks me to hold back on the review and I like publishers very much, so you won't be seeing reviews of books like Scarlet or 17 & Gone until February and March of next year. No matter how much I want to read them right now. SO MUCH. Everything I got this week is outrageously tempting.

Which begs the question: what do you want reviews of? Origin? Destroy Me (even though it's a novella and might be a short review)? Rage Within? Starling? Are there any 2012 debuts that both you and I missed out on that could be easy library borrows? I never did get the chance to read Something Like Normal or What's Left of Me. Hmmm.

Also, I'm still compiling a list of the past year's underrated YA novels (like last year) and I need your suggestions. These are the books you read that you don't think got enough recognition from the rest of the reading world, the ones that didn't get a lot of publicity or ones you just happened to pick up and it was your best book of the year. A suggestion of mine would be Adaptation by Malinda Lo, a present day sci-fi with an LGBT twist. Either suggest here (and add your name and blog name) or on Twitter or e-mail me your picks. :)

Keep an eye out for the usual Tuesday and Friday reviews, and come back on Monday for a giveaway. Yay. :)
Received (all from Penguin Canada):
The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress
Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
Prodigy by Marie Lu
17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma
Second Chance by Heather Brewer
Darkwater by Catherine Fisher

7 comments:

  1. So jealous of 17 & Gone, and Paper Valentine! I want to read both so bad.

    I agree, it's tempting to read them early. If I cave I always write the review right after to post later. I can't wait to hear what you think of both 17 & Gone and Paper Valentine!

    Also, YAY for new bookcases! I don't have a system for arranging them at all. I am always curious at how people arrange their books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul of books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so organized. I just can't keep everything as orderly as I would like. Here is my post:
    STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul this week!! Beautiful bookcases!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/10/stacking-shelves-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paper Valentine and 17 & Gone sound amazing! Can't wait to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo Paper Valentine! I hope you enjoy all of your books, happy reading! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Stacking The Shelves you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I am very curious about Paper Valentine. Jealous that you got so many books.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete