Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (86)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: The Shadow Society
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Release Date: October 16, 2012
Publisher: Farrar Strauss & Giroux (Macmillan imprint)

From Goodreads:

Darcy Jones doesn't remember anything before the day she was abandoned as a child outside a Chicago firehouse. So she isn't surprised that she doesn't recognize Conn, the new boy at her high school, even though he seems to know her—or at least know something about her.

What does surprise her is how quickly she comes to trust Conn, and that he makes her feel both desire and desired in a way she hadn't thought possible. But his interest in her is confusing. It doesn't line up with the way he first looked at her.

As if she was his enemy.

When Conn betrays Darcy and she is arrested, she realizes that she can't rely on anything—not Conn, not herself, and not even the laws of nature. Because this world isn't the only one. Darcy belongs in an alternate world where the Great Chicago Fire never happened, and deadly creatures called Shades terrorize the human population.

Darcy needs some answers.

And she hates that the person most able to help her get them is Conn.


It sounds pretty interesting, or interesting enough to the part of my brain that likes urban fantasy/paranormal stories. I only hope it doesn't suffer from a book summary that describes more than the first 50 to 100 pages. :)

8 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty good, and I like the cover too. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2434

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does sound interesting! Added it to my TBR list :) Thanks for sharing, Lindsay! :)

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie Rutkoski is brilliant!

    Check out what I'm Waiting On.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This caught my eye recently after the cover was released. I hope, like you, that the synopsis describes the book as a whole. It's a book I want to read if that is the case. Wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover for this is gorgeous! And the summary sounds so good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently added this one to my TBR and I already cannot wait! It sounds amazing! Great pick. :)
    My W.O.W. a WHAT IF Edition

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep hearing about this one! The descrip sounds SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is on my list, too! Ah, I can't wait. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete