Saturday, July 28, 2012

Me on This Week's Book Week (13)

Once again, it's my randomly titled post about what happened this week and what I was thinking about. :)

During the week the concept of preferring paper books over e-books came up a few times, and one of my reasons happened when it took me days to read an e-galley but only a few hours to read a book from the library. It's the sensation of holding a book in your hand that does it for me, of physically turning pages. I will always prefer paper books over e-books. Now, I've accepted the fact that there will be more e-galleys over paper ARCs in the future, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Especially if it makes me need glasses.

Ooooo, the Olympics have started. I heard during the opening ceremony that the US coverage was kinda bad. Ouch. The Canadian coverage was good, so that was nice. Now, I watched it live (I guess) at 1pm my time Friday and Twitter was full of people talking about it, then when the east coast US "version" started, then when CTV showed it again, then when it aired on the west coast in the US. I mostly avoided Twitter then. So much of the same stuff over and over and over again. Still, it was pretty cool. Now, to look forward to watching sports I don't know how to play. ;) Do you guys care at all about the Olympics??

Ever come across a book where it seems like everyone but you ended up with an advance copy and you get a little jealous-rage faced about it? Yeah, I've got that. *sigh* But I am borrowing it from someone once it arrives so it's not so bad.
Received to review:
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (from Macmillan through Raincoast Books)
Eve & Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant (from Macmillan through Raincoast Books)
Through to You by Emily Hainsworth (from HarperCollins Canada)

Borrowed from the library:
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
If I Tell by Janet Gurtler
Drummer Girl by Karen Bass

2 comments:

  1. I am a paper fan as well. E-books make me have to read it on my computer and I end up taking longer to read it usually.

    I just finished Girl of Nightmares and it was awesome! I hope you enjoy it.

    Hehe, I get that feeling as well sometime. I am glad you're able to borrow the book that you really want to read from someone.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul!! I love Raincoast books!! Eve and Adam looks awesome!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-12-raincoast-edition.html

    ReplyDelete