Saturday, January 17, 2015

Me on This Week's Book Week (138)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Winter... yeah. What is winter? It was foggy this week, but anything that remotely looked like winter? Nope. I remember one day last month when I went out without a coat.

Any new or re-done covers catch your eye this past week? I saw Macmillan's changed the cover for Kerstin Gier's Dream a Little Dream. The dark stone certainly makes it look more serious than the first one, the one with the girl and the bright purple door. But I read that it's more of a fun fantasy book than a serious fantasy book. Hmmm.

I hope you all like the new layout. It's not totally different, but I thought that, after 4 years of it looking pretty much the same, it was time for a change. Maybe one day I'll actually look into self-hosting and a really nice design. ;)

I think I'm going to start posting an essay/discussion post every month, just to get me thinking and everyone talking about something. Just to add something new.

Reviews for the coming week will feature Love, Lucy by April Lindner (Tuesday) and A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (bought)
Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger (bought)
Avalon by Mindee Arnett (e-book borrowed from library)
Polaris by Mindee Arnett (won in a giveaway hosted by HCC Frenzy on Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment