Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (166)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Divided
Author: Elsie Chapman
Release Date: May 27, 2014
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers

From Goodreads:

The hunter becomes the hunted. . . .

West Grayer is done killing. She defeated her Alternate, a twin raised by another family, and proved she’s worthy of a future. She’s ready to move on with her life.

The Board has other plans. They want her to kill one last time, and offer her a deal worth killing for. But when West recognizes her target as a ghost from her past, she realizes she’s in over her head. The Board is lying, and West will have to uncover the truth of the past to secure her future.

How far will the Board go to keep their secrets safe? And how far will West go to save those she loves? With nonstop action and surprising twists, Elsie Chapman’s intoxicating sequel to Dualed reveals everything.

I read Dualed last year, and I enjoyed it, but the idea of a sequel makes me curious. While it read well as a single book, I'm wondering what will be shown of West's world in this new book, what secrets will be revealed that will hopefully connect it to its predecessor.

3 comments:

  1. Dualed was a DNF for me, but I'm still kind of curious about it. I want to know the story but there was something about the writing or the pacing that didn't work for me. I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first one yet, so now you have piqued my interest. Enjoy! Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't love the first book in this series but I am a little curious to see what she'll do with the sequel since the first one felt like it could have been a standalone

    ReplyDelete