Saturday, October 19, 2013

Me on This Week's Book(less) Week (74)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

No books this week. AHHHHHHHH! It's probably a good thing, I still have lots to read and some library books that are due back at the end of the month.

It's all pre-Hallowe'en spooky here these days. The fog is rolling in and will stick around for about a week. Fun.

On Tuesday I'm headed out to Granville Island to see Maggie Stiefvater and Maureen Johnson talk for 90 minutes. Yay! :) Fingers crossed for possible book signing (it's more of a writers festival talk and not a book signing, but supposedly they give the authors time to sign books at the end).

I started a new fun thing on Tumblr called Canada Reads YA. It's like the CBC's Canada Reads, only YA and not on TV and just a lot of book suggestions. Well, I'm hoping for a lot of book suggestions. Go suggest a book or two. :)

Reviews for the coming week will feature Waterfell by Amalie Howard (Tuesday) and Altered by Gennifer Albin (Friday). :)

Sorry for the small post this week, but there's a giveaway post going up tomorrow so come back on Sunday for the 3 Years of Me on Books Giveaway! :)

EDIT! Looks like I lied a bit but it's not my fault. ;)
Borrowed from the library:
Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund (e-book)

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a Tumblr! Now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I keep buying and getting more books from the library, I probably need to have a week where I don't add to the TBR list. I'll have to check back for your review of Altered. I really loved Crewel and I read Altered awhile ago and wrote up a review but I haven't posted it yet. I'm curious to see what you thought. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Waterfell a lot recently and am really intrigued to see a review for it, so will definitely have to check back in for that! =D Hope you can get your books signed, have my fingers and toes crossed for you! My STS.

    ReplyDelete