Saturday, October 12, 2013

Me on This Week's Book Week (73)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Woooo, long weekend. :) It's getting chilly here, like Fall is actually showing up and not transitioning from a super hot Summer to loads of Winter rain right up until April.

Tail end of a reading slump, I think. Ugh. Not sure which is worse, the beginning, middle, or end of a reading slump. It all sucks, really. Hopefully, the long weekend will get me reading more. My review buffer is looking rather woeful (meaning I only have next week's read and written at the moment but nothing beyond that, eeeep).

Also, if you're in Canada, don't forget to suggest books for Canada Reads. Books? Written by Canadians? On TV in March? How cool. :)

Reviews for the coming week will feature Fire with Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian (Tuesday) and Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Transparent by Natalie Whipple (borrowed from the library)
Rebel Heart by Moira Young (borrowed from the library)
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke (borrowed from the library)

6 comments:

  1. Your library has some very good stuff this week. Enjoy your new books. I hope you love your new books.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Blood Red Road but was really disappointed by Rebel Heart for some reason and it put me off the series. Hopefully you enjoy it though! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea and Transparent are on my TBR list. I hope you love them all! Happy reading :)
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read what you think of Transparent - I have been meaning to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three are on my TBR pile and I hope to get to all of them soon :D
    Happy reading!

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool haul. Hope you enjoy everything :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/stacking-shelves-58.html

    ReplyDelete