Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (29)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Amplified
Author: Tara Kelly
Release Date: October 25, 2011
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

From Goodreads: 

When privileged 17-year-old Jasmine gets kicked out of her house, she takes what is left of her savings and flees to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. Jasmine finds the ideal room in an oceanfront house, but she needs to convince the three guys living there that she's the perfect roommate and lead guitarist for their band, C-Side. Too bad she has major stage fright and the cute bassist doesn't think a spoiled girl from over the hill can hack it. . . .

In this fresh new novel by critically acclaimed author Tara Kelly, Jasmine finds out what happens when her life gets Amplified.

I loved Tara's first book Harmonic Feedback. This book sounds awesome. I always wanted to be a rocker chick when I was in high school. There's something about being in a band with a bunch of people making music that sounds like fun. And life's not easy for Jasmine, clearly. I'm going to relish the day I get to read this book. :)

7 comments:

  1. I also wanted to be a Rocker Chic too!! I even bought the guitar;) Thats about as far as I got. lolz

    Cute Blog and New follower here:))

    See what has us on pins and needles in our WoW. And while your there poke around and find a giveaway...or 2. Let me give ya a hint...HERE, and HERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! I actually also went through that phase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    This book sounds very interesting.
    It's great to have something to look forward to, even though the wait can be hard.

    Thank you for sharing.

    I'm a new follower^^

    My WOW for today

    Have a great day!

    Mysteriousbooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I loved Tara Kelly's first book, can't wait to read this one.


    ~Pixie
    Our Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super excited to read this one too! Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great choice!

    I am a new follower :)

    My WoW pick, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a huge fan of 'Harmonic Feedback', so this is automatically on my TBR list. And the synopsis sounds plain awesome. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete