Saturday, January 24, 2015

Me on This Week's Book Week (139)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Another of those weeks when it looks more like mid-fall out there than mid-winter. The difference is our outdoor Christmas lights are still up. Oops.

Chapters did one of their 'free shipping no minimum' things this week so I went and pre-ordered some books using the gift card from the birthday. Then I spent a day stressing over picking the final book because I was all 'do I really want this' and 'I've got an e-galley but what if I don't love it' and 'do I want it because it's a pretty cover.' So yeah. Book nerd angst.

I was sad to hear about the Egmont USA closing down news this week. They've published some books I've really enjoyed, like The Butterfly Clues, The Dark Divine, and Hourglass. And I was just approved for an e-galley of Bleeding Earth, a dark and disturbing dystopian YA about a girl and her girlfriend. Finally, some lesbian dystopian YA. I demand more LGBTQIA sci-fi and paranormal YA. The articles I've seen say that they're going to publish their spring titles, which is good for those authors, but I do wonder about this one. Fingers crossed. (Since I have the e-galley, I'll be reading it sooner rather than later. Reviewing it, however, will depend on if it does get published through Egmont or another publisher or self-pubbed by the author.)

Reviews going up this coming week will feature Please Remain Calm by Courtney Summers (Tuesday) and Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Please Remain Calm (e-novella) by Courtney Summers (bought)
Bleeding Earth by Kaitlin Ward (e-galley from Egmont through NetGalley)
Stone in the Sky by Cecil Castellucci (ARC from Raincoast Books)
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (borrowed from library)
Champion by Marie Lu (borrowed from library)
Unraveled by Gennifer Albin (borrowed from library)
Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger (borrowed from library)

4 comments:

  1. The whole Egemont thing makes me so sad. I know a few people who've been affected by it and it just sucks.

    Oh! Rebel Belle! I loved that book! I still need to read Unravellled and Let the Storm Break. Enjoy your books and have a great weekend!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! Rebel Belle is one that everyone seems to really enjoy. I'm hoping to read it soon and see what all the hype is about! I hope you enjoy your books. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, these books are all so new to me. I hope you enjoy them though. Stacking the Shelves #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the first Shannon Messenger book but haven't gotten around to Let The Storm Break. I hope it's just as good. Stone In The Sky seems interesting - I may have to check in to that. Enjoy your books :) Here's ours: BiblioJunkies Happy Reading! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete