Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (120)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Not a Drop to Drink
Author: Mindi McGinnis
Release Date: September 10, 2013
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (HarperCollins imprint)

From Goodreads:

Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water.

Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….

With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own.


This sounds so creepy and so brutal and so dangerous. I want to read this so bad. But it'll have to be in a brightly lit room, just in case someone shows up and tries to steal my glass of water.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! This sounds incredible! Great choice :) Adding to my TBR pile..

    My WOW

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't this sounds awesome?.?. I can't wait for it too. Great pick.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really dark and very promising. Adding to my TBR. Great pick!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks really good. The cover is gorgeous too.

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. The words WOW and WHAT come to mind after reading that synopsis. Plus that cover is to die for. :)

    I'm loving your blog. I love WoW because of all the new books I find to read and new blogs I haven't come across before. New GFC Follower!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I want to read this so bad. I've been Goodreads stalking it for weeks lol
    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to check out this book! Thanks for making it your pick this week! Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to get so thirsty reading this book... but I bet it'll be worth it. It sounds so good!


    (My WoW)

    Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so interesting! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lindsay! Thanks for picking DRINK for your WoW - I'm flattered. I think as a fellow English major you'll find plenty of references that you'll appreciate!

    ReplyDelete