Saturday, January 21, 2012

Me on In My Mailbox (56)

In My Mailbox is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. :)

It snowed this week. Barf. It's such a pain when it snows here. There were on and off little bits of snow and cold weather, then on Friday it snowed in the morning before turning to rain. Which is nice. It's supposed to rain on and off for the next little while, so the snow won't be here for long. It's possible we've had our week of winter. ;)

Have you visited the post on my possible event featuring only Canadian YA authors and their books?? If you haven't, go check it out. :) I'm making a list of authors and books, e-mailing publishers for any suggestions, so if you have any favourites, feel free to add them in the comments.

ALA Midwinter is this weekend in Dallas. Well, it's probably best I'm not there, considering the trouble Caitlin had getting there. The snow hit Seattle harder than Vancouver, so she ended up on this massive pain in the butt journey to get to Dallas. I also saw something about some people (who were named as book bloggers but I have no way of knowing who they really were) shoving and having big grabby hands. To everyone at ALA: don't be grabby jerks, you make everyone look bad. Next year the midwinter conference is in Seattle. Maybe I'll go. :)
Received to review:
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons (from Raincoast Books) (ooooo, I've been looking forward to reading this for a while now, and considering it comes out on the 31st, it's ended up on the top of my review pile)
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (from Raincoast Books) (I totally forgot that I'd mentioned this when I last talked to Raincoast. Oops. To be fair, I lasted e-mailed them in November and only said that I was hoping to read it before reading Girl of Nightmares comes out in August. Oh, well. It happens. Into the giveaway pile it goes.)
Partials by Dan Wells (from HarperCollins Canada)
Borrowed from the library:
What Would Emma Do? by Eileen Cook (I tweeted a picture to Eileen of her books at the library and she said she liked the "wee Canadian flags.")
Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook
This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel
Take Me There by Susane Colasanti
Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti
Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti
Fins are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs
Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
Looking at the Moon by Kit Pearson (e-book) (I adored this series when I was younger, about two British kids who end up in Canada as "war guests." This is the second book out of three, it was always my favourite. :))

To read & review: Article 5, Partials, A Touch Morbid, Goddess Interrupted, Gone, Gone, Gone, and Never Enough. Maybe some library books, I'm not sure. I might review This Dark Endeavour but save it for the blog event.

7 comments:

  1. Stolen is seriously one of my favourite reads from last year. Haunting, and it messes with your head. I hope you love it just as much and decide to review it.

    This Dark Endeavour is amazing, save it for your Canadian YA event.

    Ugh....grabby and pushing. Not cool. BEA was like that too. Jealous of everyone getting amazing books at ALA midwinter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul!! Loved Anna Dressed in Blood, cant wait to read Article 5!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Anna Dressed in Blood - it was a lot different then what I was expecting! And Article 5 looks so good! I've heard really good things about it. Awesome haul this week!

    Kelly
    In My Mailbox @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! I'm so glad you got Article 5 this week. I need to read it next week or well before the release date. AND PARTIALS! YIPPY. :DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of Article 5! I cant wait to read it!!! :) Awesome library haul!!! I have a fairly decent haul from the library myself this week! Enjoy all your books! :)

    My IMM: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-24.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow great haul! Anna Dressed in Blood is awesome!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I really want to read the Colasanti books. Loved Anna Dressed in Blood.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete