Saturday, January 14, 2012

Me on In My Mailbox (55)

In My Mailbox is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. :)

Blogger is finally letting us reply to comments. Yay. :)

I've started a list on Goodreads: Books I'd Punch a Lion in the Face for. ;) Go here to add books and vote. :)

I had a driving test this week. There's a graduated licensing deal up here. First a multiple choice test, then a road test, then another road test. I just took the second road test so I've got my full license and everything. :) Yay me. :) And screw you, Friday the 13th. Not so unlucky, are you?? ;) Well, the $50 I had to pay for the test was a bit much. Ow.

And so I have bought 2 books this month, and all others will be library books, or may you strike me down. ... No, really. Don't let me buy any more books this month. What's also helpful is the fact that there are no books that I actually want to buy with my own money (notice the "my own money" qualifier) coming out until late February in The Fine Art of Truth or Dare, Pandemonium, and Friends with Boys. All others can wait or can be borrowed. I need to prioritize.

Do you guys want reviews of Bloodrose and The Fault in Our Stars?? I won't be writing up a review for Clockwork Prince. It's pretty big, almost 500 pages, and considering the ARCs that went out, plus the fact that it's been out for a month, I figure there are more than enough reviews out there. Even the ones that are a few lines long and only discuss whether they're team Will or team Jem. I'm not even sure if I can write a review of The Fault in Our Stars, I have this intense desire to both re-read it and hide it because it made me cry (at the end).
Bought:
Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer (the day I bought this, Andrea was down in Seattle/Lake Forest Park. *sigh* So close, yet so far.)
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (like every other nerd, I checked all the copies I could at the bookstore but they were all plain J-Scribbles in purple, fuchsia, and black (mine is purple). Of course, I only went to 1 bookstore, but still. I wasn't in the mood to drive around. I also had a Nerdfighter sighting, two girls were putting little messages in the TFioS's. :) So awesome. And I'm so annoyed that I didn't quickly buy a ticket to the Vancouver event the day I heard about it. It sold out in a day.) (And my brain is being all neurotic about wanting one in green or with a yeti. *sigh* Well, if I happen to come across one at a bookstore, I might buy it.)
Requested through NetGalley:
Goddess Interrupted by Aimée Carter (oh, thank you, auto-approval from Harlequin)

Borrowed from the library:
There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones (e-book)

To read & review: Someone Else's Life, A Touch Morbid, Goddess Interrupted, Gone, Gone, Gone, and Never Enough. I don't have a review scheduled for the 31st. Please please please suggest a book you'd like to see a review of. :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh how I was that I was auto approved. I have requested Goddess Interrupted and have my fingers crossed Harlequin decides to approve me. Can't wait to read it.

    I have heard so many mixed things about Bloodrose. I am going to read it eventually though.

    Also Congrats on passing the driving test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Net Galley wonderful. I love NetGalley. So many titles. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still waiting to see if I get approved for Goddess Interrupted. Must be awesome to be on auto-approval because it sucks waiting!

    I can't wait to read The Fault in Our Stars!

    In My Mailbox #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have like the same books in our mailbox. also... review Bloodrose for the 31st. I dare you to. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL.. EVERYONE'S got TFiOS this week!! Honestly, I hadn't heard of him till this past week and with all the hype and excitement, I totally went out this afternoon to pick up a copy :)

    Oooh I didn't realize Goddess Interrupted is on there... Might have to get as well (tho not like I need any more NG books to read!)

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you got the new John Green book! I still need to order my copy - I can't wait to read it :) Nice IMM!

    My IMM for last week

    Happy reading and have a nice week!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! There You'll Find me is very cute. I really want to read the John Green book.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait for my copy of TFIOS arrives next week to see what kind of signature I got - provided I got one with a signature ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *cannot wait UNTIL. yeesh.

    ReplyDelete