Sunday, August 14, 2011

Me on In My Mailbox (34)

In My Mailbox is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. :)

The Writing & Book Camp was fun. Day 1 I wore flip flops, which might've been a mistake because my feet were sore at the end of the day but not necessarily my ankle, which was also sore but because I'm pretty sure that's because I was going downhill & my ankle wasn't happy about that. Uphill was better. Day 2 I wore sneakers & took the bus home instead of waiting an hour & a half for a ride, which was ok but my ankle swelled up a bit & my toes were all squished from my shoe. As some would say on Twitter, I now had a #whitegirlproblem or a #firstworldproblem. Probably both. ;) Both feet were tired when I got home Friday, so I spent yesterday not wearing shoes.

I imagine I worked out some of the stiffness in my ankle from walking & standing more than usual for the past week, but most nights it would be all swollen. Maybe I should go back to physio this week, see what they say.

From Caitlin at whatchYAreading:
Legend by Marie Lu (an extra copy she had from ALA, & it's got gold text in it :D)
The Slayer Chronicles: First Kill by Heather Brewer (signed to Caitlin, so whenever I read it I'll pretend her name is my name)

Bought:
Tanpopo Volume 1, 2 & 3 by Camilla d'Errico (signed plus one adorable doodle in the back of Volume 3; Camilla was one of the workshop leaders at the book camp this past week & I adore her manga art style featuring girls in huge helmets made out of metal or birds or other animals (Helmetgirls), Tanpopo is a series of hopefully 10 volumes she's self-publishing, doing the artwork herself and drawing on literature like Faust and "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" for the text)

Borrowed from library:
Graveminder by Melissa Marr
Passion by Lauren Kate
One Hundred Candles by Mara Purnhagen
Bogus to Bubbly: An Insider's Guide to the World of Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Out of these books, First Kill, Legend, and all three Tanpopo volumes are on my review list. Of course, you will have to wait for November for my Legend review. :)

6 comments:

  1. Legend!!! I'm so jealous, that book looks amazing. Great books this week, hope you enjoy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wanting to read Legend!! Wonder how Passion is.. I've seen that around a lot lately!

    Here's my IMM! http://wp.me/pAblM-lB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was fortunate to receive Legend this week as well! And oh, I still need to read Passion to see what happens to Luce and Daniel next... Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got legend. i'm dying to read that. great books this week. enjoy :)

    Visit my IMM this week.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to read Legend, I've heard that one is awesome! And yours has gold text in it?! Sweet! Passion was... haha well, um, I will let you be the judge of that ;) Hope you enjoy everything you got this week!

    You can see my IMM for this week at the link below! Would love if you stopped by :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set! I really want to read Graveminder. Tanpopo looks good too.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete