Saturday, November 5, 2016

Me on This Week's Book Week (231)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Hello there! It's getting brisk and chilly now, some rain but also just some cold air. I need to dig out my gloves soon.

I've noticed that good chuck of my days are spent reading through smart threads on Twitter, threads about mental health and diversity and racism written by people trying to voice their thoughts from a place of struggle and anger and frustration. It's certainly not what I thought I'd get from Twitter when I first logged on, but I do like it. It's a learning experience, as toxic and horrible as it can get some days. It's best in small doses with an open mind and a pen and paper in order to take notes.

Reviews going up this week will feature Seven Tears at High Tide by C.B. Lee (Tuesday) and How to Keep a Boy From Kissing You by Tara Eglington (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde (ARC from Raincoast Books)
Freya by Matthew Laurence (ARC from Raincoast Books)
Seriously Shifted by Tina Connolly (ARC from Raincoast Books)
The Mesmirist by Ronald L. Smith (ARC from Raincoast Books)
All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (e-book borrowed from the library)
A Shadow Burning and Bright by Jessica Cluess (e-book borrowed from the library)

No comments:

Post a Comment