Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (154)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Promise of Shadows
Author: Justina Ireland
Release Date: March 11, 2014
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

From Goodreads:

Zephyr Mourning has never been very good at being a Harpy. She’d rather watch reality TV than learn forty-seven ways to kill a man, and she pretty much sucks at wielding magic. Zephyr was ready for a future pretending to be a normal human instead of a half-god assassin. But all that changes when her sister is murdered—and she uses a forbidden dark power to save herself from the same fate.

Zephyr is on the run from a punishment worse than death when an unexpected reunion with a childhood friend (a surprisingly HOT friend) changes everything. Because it seems like Zephyr might just be the Nyx, a dark goddess made flesh that is prophesied to change the power balance. For hundreds of years the half-gods have lived in fear, and Zephyr is supposed to change that.

But how is she supposed to save everyone when she can’t even save herself?

Yay, a Greek mythology YA that isn't all Persephone or Cassandra. ;) (Seriously, there are so many weird myths and characters that should be retold, don't just focus on the same two.)

4 comments:

  1. That cover is so pretty! And the synopsis sounds cool. I'm adding it to my ever growing TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adoooooooore this cover. But for some reason I'm a little wary of a story about Harpies? I have no idea why though. Definitely keeping an eye on early reviews though, because seriously... I need that cover on my bookshelf. *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting tired of the Persephone and Cassandra retellings too (though I did love Antigoddess). Also I love all the text-centric covers recently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! I'm adding it right to my TBR! Great share! HAppy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete