Monday, September 16, 2013

Me on Tumble & Fall (DNF)

Title: Tumble & Fall
Author: Alexandra Coutts
Release Date: September 17, 2013
Publisher: Farrar, Straus & Giroux (Macmillan imprint)

The world is living in the shadow of oncoming disaster. An asteroid is set to strike the earth in just one week’s time; catastrophe is unavoidable. The question isn’t how to save the world, the question is what to do with the time that's left? Against this stark backdrop, three island teens wrestle with intertwining stories of love, friendship and family, all with the ultimate stakes at hand.

I didn't finish Tumble & Fall. The premise was intriguing, it drew me in, but it's the way in which Sierra's, Zan's, and Caden's stories are told that put me off. It felt very much like someone was recounting the story of these three teens, telling me about them as if it happened in the past, and so it didn't feel like there was anything for me to react to.

Because I didn't finish this book, this is by no means a proper review. This is just my opinion at this moment, which could change. It's possible that, at a later date, I will read the entire book.

(I received an e-galley of this title from Macmillan through NetGalley.)

1 comment:

  1. I've been hearing a lot of mixed things about this book so I've been nervous to start it. But it happens that sometimes you just don't connect with a book.

    ReplyDelete