Sunday, November 11, 2012

Me on This Week's Book Week (25)

This Week's Book Week is like Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only less-than-cleverly titled. ;)

Sleep face. Sorry that you guys are getting a lackluster post this week, but my day was odd. I'm surprised it took most of the day to do a virus scan and a defrag on my laptop, but it did, and when it was all finished and everything was fine, I wasn't in the mood to write for NaNoWriMo. I'm a couple of days ahead in the word count, so that's good. I think I also needed a day off to read. I'll get back on it tomorrow. :)

The author event I went to last week was fun, it was nice to see authors I've only met through Twitter. After they talked and answered some questions and signed some books, it turned into a writing workshop sort of deal. I wasn't necessarily expecting a workshop, but I stuck around for the character building one run by Eileen Cook and Joëlle Anthony. It was nice to get out and meet fun book people, even if it was raining that weekend.

The two year anniversary of Me on Books giveaway is still going on for another week, so go up to the top of the column on the left-hand side (over that way <----- and up a bit) and click the link. Remember, there'll be two winners now. :)
Won (at last weekend's YA author fun event):
After edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling (ARC)
Welcome to Borderland edited by Holly Black and Ellen Kushner (ARC)

Received to review:
The Goddess Inheritance by Aimée Carter (from Harlequin though NetGalley)

Bought:
The Goddess Hunt by Aimée Carter (e-book)
All Wounds by Dina James (e-book)

1 comment:

  1. The Goddess Inheritance cover is gorgeous! I still have to read the second book in the series. Happy reading this week!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete