Sunday, July 15, 2012

Me on This Week's Book Week (11)

Like last week, hello to any new people who wander by. This is pretty much like a Stacking the Shelves (hosted by Tynga's Reviews) post, only with a different name (because I'm not good at naming things) and with some random babble about me before the books. :)

It's still summer. Shocking. ;) Some days, it's warm. Some days, it's hot. Some days, it's a bit humid. Then there's Friday where it's warm but cloudy and you're suddenly pelted with rain cause the sunroof in the car was left open. And no one at home realized it was raining until I told them an hour later when I got back home after seeing Nafiza for a book swap/borrow and some Chapters browsing. But there was that wonderful thick and rich petrichor smell when it rained. I always think of Victoria Schwab and The Near Witch when I smell the petrichor smell. It's because of a word association thing in my brain, not because petrichor is in her book. I'm weird that way. :)

I went to Denise Jaden's launch for Never Enough on Saturday. No event write-up, it was a small thing where she just signed and read a small portion and answered a few questions, and then was surrounded by friends and family. It was nice, I'd never met Denise before, although I imagine we've been at some of the same signings. Like when I was at Mindi Scott's launch for Freefall and saw a blonde woman who looked familiar and afterwards realized it was Mandy Hubbard.

I used to be able to keep a fairly good sized buffer of reviews so I wouldn't be rushing to read or write up a review, then this year started and it's been hit or miss. It's weird. Oh, well. I need to start reading the loads of e-galleys I have since that seems to be all I have in terms of review books (apart from books I own but haven't gotten around to reading yet). :)

Wow. Not a lot happened this week. Interesting.
Bought:
Never Enough by Denise Jaden (bought at Denise's book signing)
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers (finally, I have obtained a finished copy)

Received:
Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kristin Cronn-Mills (from Flux through NetGalley)

Borrowed:
The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse (borrowed from Nafiza while she's borrowing Crewel)

3 comments:

  1. I also got The Forsaken and This is Not a Test this week as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the forsaken too. cool. I am excited to read it. So many loved it on the recent tour they did of it.
    I need to read This is not a Test as well.
    You had a good book week :)
    New follower.
    Week in(bookish)News:Sunday

    ReplyDelete