Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (69)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Through To You
Author: Emily Hainsworth
Release Date: October 2, 2012
Publisher: Balzer + Bray (HC imprint)

From Goodreads:

A romantic sci-fi thriller about love and second chances.

Camden Pike has been grief-stricken since his girlfriend, Viv, died. Viv was the last good thing in his life: helping him rebuild his identity after a career-ending football injury, picking up the pieces when his home life shattered, and healing his pain long after the pain meds wore off. And now, he’d give anything for one more glimpse of her. But when Cam makes a visit to the site of Viv’s deadly car accident, he sees some kind of apparition. And it isn’t Viv.

The apparition’s name is Nina, and she’s not a ghost. She’s a girl from a parallel world, and in this world, Viv is still alive. Cam can’t believe his wildest dreams have come true. All he can focus on is getting his girlfriend back, no matter the cost. But things are different in this other world: Viv and Cam have both made very different choices, things between them have changed in unexpected ways, and Viv isn’t the same girl he remembers. Nina is keeping some dangerous secrets, too, and the window between the worlds is shrinking every day. As Cam comes to terms with who this Viv has become, and the part Nina played in his parallel story, he’s forced to choose—stay with Viv or let her go—before the window closes between them once and for all.


What drew me in straight away was the cover, the darkness at the bottom mixed with the pale green. The girl confuses me a little, I thought the book was more about Camden than Viv or Nina. Hmmm. Still, it sounds interesting. What's also interesting me these days besides non-paranormal mystery thrillers is weird time travel/timeslip/parallel dimensions. They're a little off the beaten path, but still compelling.

7 comments:

  1. This is the first time I hear about this book, but it sounds like something I'd want to read.
    And yes, the cover is gorgeous!!!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been on my radar for about a week. I'm dying to read it! Great pick!!! My WoW

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of it before, but it sounds really awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been interested in this one since I read the synopsis. It sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it. The girl also confuses me a little, but hopefully it'll make sense with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is also going to be a WoW of mine! It was hard to pick this week! Great Choice!!

    You can check out my WoW Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one has been on my to-read list since a few weeks now.
    It looks really interesting and I can't wait to read it :)

    Check out my WoW :
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-9-breathe-by-sarah.html

    Nick @ Nick's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks sooo good! I cannot wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete