Saturday, May 18, 2013

Me on This Week's Book Week (52)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

The Canadian YA Lit Event is over. Sad. :( But it'll be back next year with authors and fun. :)

I see the doctor next week to see if I get the line out and to talk about how my finger's doing. It's been slowly getting better these past 5/6 weeks, but it's still full of gross infection-y crud and it still looks wrong. My guess is they'll look at my bloodwork, maybe get me to go get another x-ray or bone scan, and maybe stick me on more antibiotics. We'll see.

I was looking through the books I have left from ALA that I haven't read yet and at my review schedule and I thought to myself, I really don't know what's coming out in July or August. My brain's still in this weird space of spring releases and 30 books I still haven't read that I picked up in January so I'm not necessarily aware of what's coming out this summer. So, give me your suggestions of books to check out that come out in July and August. :)

We're back to a regular review schedule now. Reviews going up this week are for Absent by Katie Williams (Tuesday) and Doll Bones by Holly Black (Friday.) :)
Received:
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (from St. Martin's Press through NetGalley)
Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith (from HarperCollins Canada)
Black Spring by Alison Croggon (from Candlewick Press through NetGalley)

2 comments:

  1. Fangirl looks like a cute read! I'll need to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week!!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves-51.html

    ReplyDelete