Saturday, April 27, 2013

Me on This Week's Book(less) Week (49)

This Week's Book(less) Week is like Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with more babble and less books. ;)

No new books this week. Well, it's been a while since there was a bookless week, I imagine I was due. :)

The Canadian YA Lit Event starts on Wednesday CUE THE FREAKING OUT. Well, I guess I could freak out because not all the posts are scheduled yet (meaning I'm waiting on a couple of authors and their parts), but I'm sure everything will work out. :)

I hope you'll all come by during the event, read about some Canadian authors and their books and discovering something new to read. :)

A quick update on my health situation. I'm about 2 and a half weeks into 6 weeks worth of antibiotics. Everything's still the same, same weird finger that's kind of getting better I guess (the nail is getting less gross) and same tube in my arm. I told a couple friends I've had since high school about it this week, they were surprised and a bit concerned but I told them I'd be fine. :) I'm going to have dinner with them soon. It'll be fun. :)

There's only one review going up this week, Reboot by Amy Tintera. Then comes the daily posts for the Can YA Lit Event, which will be a mix of Q&A's, guest posts, and reviews. :)
What I read this past week:
What Really Happened in Peru by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan (certainly a must-read for fans of Cassie's Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series)
The Originals by Cat Patrick (My review was posted yesterday. Cat's books are often this awesome blend of straight-up contemporary with a single sci-fi or fantasy twist that makes it interesting.)
Real Mermaids Don't Need High Heels by Hélène Boudreau (I love this series. 14-year-old and plus-sized Jade is dealing with friendship, cute boys, and the fact that she's a mermaid. It's a fun and witty series with moments of action and suspense and teen girl body issues.)
Reboot by Amy Tintera (A re-read because my review goes up on Monday and when I read it back in January at ALA Midwinter I didn't take any notes. I also met Amy there and got her to sign it. :))

4 comments:

  1. Sooo excited to read Reboot!!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/stacking-shelves-48_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul, I got Peru last week and I wish to get Reboot as well, looks so good!

    Enjoy!
    My haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very intrigued by Real Mermaids Don't Need High Heels! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very excited for the Canadian YA Lit event!

    ReplyDelete