Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (84)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Black City
Author: Elizabeth Richards
Release Date: November 13, 2012
Publisher: Penguin

From Goodreads:

A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war. In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable--they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash's long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they're caught, they'll be executed--but their feelings are too strong. When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.

Who doesn't like it when flowers explode? ;) This book sounds dark and weird, and I think I want dark and weird right now. I also think I want a book that will wreck me the way Shatter Me and The Space Between wrecked me last year and how Above wrecked me this year.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book to me, too. There are review copies available on Edelweiss. I requested one, and I hope I'll be accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I think I saw this on Netgalley also?? Or am I mistaken...

    Hmmm....

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds a little like a vampire Romeo and Juliet which is AWESOME. I am pretty excited to read it as well. Also, I love the cover and all it's flower exploding awesomeness.

    Great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I did not enjoy Black City nearly as much as I hoped to, but I have a feeling everyone else is going to love it - I hope it lives up to your expectations :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love forbidden romances so I am really excited about this one as well! Great pick! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sick of stories that revolve around the love plot -- the rest of it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cannot wait for this one.

    Love the blog! I followed on GFC.

    my WOW

    ReplyDelete