Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (29)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Amplified
Author: Tara Kelly
Release Date: October 25, 2011
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

From Goodreads: 

When privileged 17-year-old Jasmine gets kicked out of her house, she takes what is left of her savings and flees to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. Jasmine finds the ideal room in an oceanfront house, but she needs to convince the three guys living there that she's the perfect roommate and lead guitarist for their band, C-Side. Too bad she has major stage fright and the cute bassist doesn't think a spoiled girl from over the hill can hack it. . . .

In this fresh new novel by critically acclaimed author Tara Kelly, Jasmine finds out what happens when her life gets Amplified.

I loved Tara's first book Harmonic Feedback. This book sounds awesome. I always wanted to be a rocker chick when I was in high school. There's something about being in a band with a bunch of people making music that sounds like fun. And life's not easy for Jasmine, clearly. I'm going to relish the day I get to read this book. :)

5 comments:

  1. I also wanted to be a Rocker Chic too!! I even bought the guitar;) Thats about as far as I got. lolz

    Cute Blog and New follower here:))

    See what has us on pins and needles in our WoW. And while your there poke around and find a giveaway...or 2. Let me give ya a hint...HERE, and HERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! I actually also went through that phase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I loved Tara Kelly's first book, can't wait to read this one.


    ~Pixie
    Our Wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great choice!

    I am a new follower :)

    My WoW pick, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a huge fan of 'Harmonic Feedback', so this is automatically on my TBR list. And the synopsis sounds plain awesome. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete