Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (25)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Sweet Venom
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Release Date: September 6, 2011
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (HarperCollins imprint)

From Goodreads:

Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster.

Gretchen is tired of monsters pulling her out into the wee hours, especially on a school night, but what can she do? Sending the minotaur back to his bleak home is just another notch on her combat belt. She never expected to run into this girl who could be her double, though.

Greer has her life pretty well put together, thank you very much. But that all tilts sideways when two girls who look eerily like her appear on her doorstep and claim they're triplets, supernatural descendants of some hideous creature from Greek myth, destined to spend their lives hunting monsters.

These three teenage descendants of Medusa, the once-beautiful gorgon maligned by myth, must reunite and embrace their fates in this unique paranormal world where monsters lurk in plain sight.


This just sounds freaking awesome. Medusa's been typecast as a mythological character that's creepy and gross and can totally kill you if you look at her. Twisting the story around and using her descendants as quirky and weird and human characters and narrators is really interesting. I'm on pins and needles waiting for this book to feed my Greek mythology mixed with modern day people addiction. ;)

I want this so much. If you have an ARC and you're willing to part with it, I will gladly trade for it.

6 comments:

  1. Great pick! This one does sound interesting and something that I would like to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited about this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't wait to read this one! I haven't read any Terra-Lynn Childs yet (going to read her Mermaid series very soon) but this one sounds right up my alley! Great choice!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one does sound really good! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the cover of this. I haven't read her mermaid series, but I want to read this one like bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I have really liked both of Tera Lynn Child's series and I am definitely looking forward to this one too!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html#comments

    ReplyDelete