Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Me on My Re-reading Christmas

I love books. Duh. ;) If I read it once, it was okay. If I read it more than once, I freaking loved it. When I first read Lili St. Crow's Strange Angels and Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush, I read them again once I was finished (not at the same time).

Since my library books are due back soon, I'm planning to hide out over the Christmas break and do some re-reading. Which might be almost all of the YA books I've bought this past year.

It's been such an amazing reading year. So many good books. As of this posting, I've read 113 books in 2010. That's a lot. I'm surprised it's more than 100.

So, why am I re-reading instead of reading for the first time? Because I bought so many pretty and wonderful books this year and I want to read them again. I want to find those worlds again, re-learn the secrets and surprises, meet the characters again but this time suffer as they slowly trek their way through the book when I already know the ending.

Re-reading is like meeting up with friends after not seeing them for a year: you remember the good times and the bad, you realize bits about them you totally forgot. Sure, there's no catching up and learning new things, but that's what sequels are for. ;)

Here's my re-reading list:

Hush, Hush & Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick 
Strange Angels, Betrayals, & Jealousy by Lili.St. Crow
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting 
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce 
Sea Change by Aimee Friedman
Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Sea by Heidi R. Kling
13 to Life by Shannon Delany
A Year in Europe: Three Novels by Rachel Hawthorne

I wonder if you're asking, "Do I have to do this as well??" You don't, but if you don't have review deadlines or stacks and stacks of books to read for the first time, I would give it a shot. I'm doing this because at the moment I have no new books to read (well, except for Insight and Matched). Besides, I really liked these books and I want the chance to read them again with no pressure.

Of course, I might review some every so often. ;)

Happy Christmas reading, people. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment